Nominations are invited from Monash community members interested in joining Monash's Environmental Advisory Committee.
We are looking to fill one casual vacancy with a community member, who lives, works or studies in Monash. The membership term would be for one year.
Nominations closing: Friday 26 May 2017.
The aim of this Committee is to inform and advise Council on environmental and sustainability related issues and Council’s role in improving the natural environment of Monash. The Committee advises on the implementation, monitoring and review of the Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2016–2026 and subsequent implementation plans, strategies and actions.
Within the Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2016 – 2026, there are seven (7) priority areas:
- Built Environment
- Urban Ecology
- Climate Change
- Waste and Resource Management
- Integrated Water Management
- Partnerships and Leadership
- Education, Engagement and Reporting
In appointing members, Council considers issues such as:
- knowledge and understanding of the environmental and sustainability issues and considerations in the Monash community
- interest and involvement in local and/or broader environmental and sustainability activities
- interest and understanding of local government services and programs from an environmental and sustainability perspective
- ability to contribute to the strategic development and implementation of environmental and sustainability policy at local government level
- experience and understanding of the role of an advisory committee.
Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference - Environmental Advisory Committee (PDF, 462KB)
Please fill in: Online Nomination Form
If you require more information or a printed version of this form, please call Trish McGee, Coordinator Sustainability, on 9518 3010 or email EACSupport@monash.vic.gov.au.
Trish McGee, Coordinator Sustainability:
Phone: 9518 3010