Update - Approved Amendment
Council has approved an amendment of an existing planning permit which allows for the development of a residential aged care facility and refurbishment of the existing aged care facility at 161-169 and 171 Jells Road, Wheelers Hill.
Council sought community feedback on the application and received no objections.
To find out more, please see the report Council considered prior to making its decision: Report to Council meeting on 161-171 Jells Road, Wheelers Hill (pdf, 562KB)
Enquiries: Alexandra Wade, Principal Planner, on 9518 3068.
Application for amendment 2019
An application made to vary the plans associated with a planning permit that was issued on 11 January 2018 for 161-169 and 171 Jells Road, Wheelers Hill.
The Planning Permit was issued for the development of a Residential Aged Care Facility on land affected by the Design and Development Overlay, Schedule 5, including refurbishment of the existing aged care facility (Lifeview The Willows) and alteration of access to a road in a Road Zone Category 1.
The proposal sought:
- A reduction of bedsits from 206 to 194
- Increase in parking numbers from 103 to 111
- Variation of setbacks to both the street and adjoining properties
- Variation of materials and design fenestration
- Variation of internal layout.
Council sought community feedback by Tuesday 3 December 2019. However, submissions will be accepted until Council makes a decision on the application.
Application Covering Letter (pdf, 3MB)
Application Form (pdf, 1MB)
Certificate Title (pdf, 1MB)
Current Planning Permit (pdf, 5MB)
Development Plans (pdf, 19MB)
Landscape Plan (pdf, 18MB)
Previously Endorsed Development Plans (pdf, 12MB)
Response to further information covering letter (pdf, 545KB)
Traffic Report (pdf, 5MB)
Amended Advertised Notice (pdf, 2MB)
Background - Approved development 2017
Council has approved a plan for a residential aged care facility development at 161-169 and 171 Jells Road, Wheelers Hill. The development includes the refurbishment of the existing aged care facility (Lifeview The Willows at 171 Jells Road).
At its meeting on 28 November 2017, Council resolved to issue a Notice of Decision to Grant a Planning Permit, subject to conditions.
Council sought community feedback on the proposal and received two objections.
For more information, see the report which Council considered before making its decision: Report to Council meeting on 161-171 Jells Road, Wheelers Hill. (pdf, 706KB)
About the proposal
The applicant, Maview Pty Ltd, proposed a development that includes:
- Development of the land for a four-five storey residential aged care facility, comprising 206 bedsit rooms with ensuites
- Refurbishment of existing 56 bedsit rooms at the existing aged care facility (171 Jells Road, Wheelers Hill)
- A total of 137 car spaces inclusive of 108 new spaces (161-169 Jells Road) and 29 car spaces at the existing aged care facility (171 Jells Road)
- Vehicle access to the new development from Ferntree Gully Road.