Update - Approved permit amendment
Council has approved a variation of Planning Permit TPA/48496, allowing for the construction of a reduced 11 storey building comprising of offices and car parking for the surrounding uses, at 12 Nexus Court, Mulgrave.
Council sought community feedback on the amended permit and received no objections.
The development was approved subject to more than 30 conditions.
To find out more, please see the report Council considered prior to making its decision: Report to Council on 12 Nexus Court, Mulgrave (pdf, 494KB)
Enquiries: Alexandra Wade, Principal Planner, on 9518 3068.
Application for amendment 2019
Council has received an application which proposes variations to the planning permit which allowed the construction of a 15 storey building comprising of a hotel, offices, multi-deck car park, gymnasium and commercial car wash. The Planning Permit was issued on 27 April 2018.
The application seeks to vary this Planning Permit to allow for the construction of an 11 storey building comprising of offices and car parking for the surrounding uses within 10 Nexus Court. A total of 508 car spaces are proposed within the building.
Amendment Form (pdf, 3MB)
Copy of Planning Permit (pdf, 718KB)
Covering Letter (pdf, 756KB)
Certificate of Title (pdf, 515KB)
Copy of Previous Decision Plans (pdf, 19MB)
Development Plans (pdf, 61MB)
3D Images (pdf, 9MB)
Concept Stormwater Management Strategy (pdf, 2MB)
Landscape Plans (pdf, 5MB)
Sustainability Management Plan (pdf, 4MB)
Town Planning Report (pdf, 14MB)
Traffic and Transport Assessment (pdf, 11MB)
Waste Management Plan (pdf, 8MB)
Background - Approved development 2018
Council approved a plan for a 15 storey building comprising of a hotel, offices, multi-deck car park, gymnasium and commercial car wash at 12 Nexus Court, Mulgrave.
This $26 million development will form part of Nexus Corporate Park and is located adjacent to the Monash Freeway.
At its March 2018 meeting, Council resolved to issue a Notice of Decision to Grant a Planning Permit, subject to more than 25 conditions.
Council sought community feedback on the proposal and received one objection.
For more information, see the report which Council considered before making its decision: Report to Council meeting on 12 Nexus Court, Mulgrave (pdf, 537KB)
About the proposal
Key features of the $26 million development included:
- Eight levels of car parking within the building containing a total of 387 car parking spaces. Vehicle access is provided to the car park from Nexus Court. Car parking spaces will service the proposed development and includes surplus car parking which will be utilised to service future development within Nexus Corporate Park
- Residential hotel comprising 139 rooms from levels 8 to 14. A reception area / lobby and bar and lounge for the residential hotel on the ground floor of the building that presents to Nexus Court. A porte-cochere adjacent to the main building entry where hotel guests can be dropped off or picked up
- A commercial car wash within the ground floor car park within the building providing for 3 wash bays
- Office floor space on levels 8, 9 and 10 with a combined floor area of 1,821 square metres
- Indoor recreation facility (gymnasium) on level 8 with a net leasable floor area of approximately 350 square metres
- Landscaped area on level 8 between the office and residential hotel
- 37 bicycle parking spaces along with end of trip facilities and associated amenities
- A maximum building height of 47.94 metres from natural ground level to the top of the parapet and approximately 50.5 metres to the top of the rooftop plant screen. The overall height of the proposed development will be up to 14 storeys.