In August 2018, Council granted an amended permit to allow the construction of a five storey plus basement building at 1899-1901 Dandenong Road, Clayton.
The development now comprises:
- A total of 12 residential dwellings, including 3 x 1 bedroom and 9 x 2 bedrooms
- Two ground floor shops with an aggregate leasable floor area of 160m2
- A total of 16 on-site car spaces (12 resident and 4 shop) are proposed in the basement car park, comprising 15 car stacker spaces and one disabled space
- Vehicle access to the basement car park via a car lift accessed from the laneway at the rear.
- A total of 15 bicycle spaces on the ground floor accessed via the front entry.
Council first issued a Planning Permit on 12 May 2015 allowing the development of two shops and seven dwellings, a reduction of the car parking requirement, waiver of the loading bay requirement and use of land for accommodation within a 3-4 storey building.
This application was received to amend the approved development.
The initial application sought to:
- Amend the permit preamble to include the additional five dwellings and delete the use of the land for accommodation as the dwellings are as of right pursuant to Clause 34.01-1
- Amend plans to provide for an additional level (overall height of 5 storeys), five new dwellings (total number of 12 dwellings), new basement level, additional car parking, modification to dwelling layouts and façade detailing.
Enquiries: James Heitmann, Principal Planner, on 9518 3628
Here are the documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Title (pdf, 4MB)
Application Form (pdf, 2MB)
Plans (pdf, 14MB)
Planning Report (pdf, 4MB)
Sustainability Management Plan (pdf, 11MB)
Traffic Report (pdf, 10MB)
Waste Management Plan (pdf, 4MB)