In January 2018, Council approved amendments to the residential towers which form part of the Planning Permit for The Glen Towers at 235 Springvale Rd, Glen Waverley.
Key aspects of the proposed amendments relate to modification of the overall massing, layout and mix of residential apartments of Building A, (Signature Building), B (Urban Building) and Building C (Kingsway Axial Building). Each building will increase in overall height by 1 metre and will adopt a new facade treatment.
Plans for this development were originally approved by Council in July 2015. In November 2016, Council approved an amended permit for the residential towers.
Council sought community feedback on the proposal and received one objection.
For more information on the amendments and the conditions placed on the permit, see the report which Council considered before making its decision: Report to Council meeting on The Glen Towers (pdf, 738KB)
Enquiries: James Heitmann, Principal Planner, on 9518 3628 or Sue Monagle, Principal Planner, on 9518 3068.
About the amended planning permit
The application was lodged by Urbis (Planning Consultants) on behalf of Golden Age Glen Pty Ltd.
The application to amend Permit Number TPA/43692/C involves:
- Modifications to overall massing, layout and mix of residential apartment buildings A, B and C
- Provision of 555 apartments (total number) comprising of:
- 127 x 1 bedroom apartments;
- 371 x 2 bedroom apartments; and
- 57 x 3 bedroom apartments.
- Each of residential apartment buildings A, B and C increased in overall height by one metre
- An additional 89 carspaces proposed
- Various modifications to the approved development as detail in amended plans and supporting documentation
- Modifications to conditions as a consequence of proposed plan amendments as detailed in supporting documentation
Here are documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Title (pdf, 1MB)
Application Form (pdf, 3MB)
Cover Letter (pdf, 173KB)
Statement of Changes (pdf, 288KB)
Plans Part 1 (pdf, 9MB)
Plans Part 2 (pdf, 10MB)
Plans Part 3 (pdf, 23MB)
Town Planning Report (pdf, 4MB)
Sustainability Management Plan (pdf, 7MB)
Traffic Report (pdf, 1MB)
Waste Report (pdf, 2MB)
Wind Report (pdf, 3MB)