Council has approved a plan for a 200 place childcare centre at 1 Jacksons Road, Mulgrave.
The $3.9 million dollar development comprises of a double storey childcare centre at the south east corner of the property. The centre will replace the existing childcare centre which operates from within an existing office building on the land.
At its meeting on 27 March 2018, Council resolved to issue a Notice of Decision to Grant a Planning Permit, subject to more than 30 conditions.
Council sought community feedback on the proposal and received five objections.
For more information and to see the conditions, please see the report which Council considered before making its decision: Report to Council meeting on 1 Jacksons Road, Mulgrave (pdf, 761KB)
Enquiries: Sue Monagle, Principal Planner, on 9518 3068.
About the proposal
The applicant, Frondell Properties Pty Ltd, proposed a $3.9 million development including:
- The construction of a two storey childcare centre with associated on site car parking
- The childcare centre will accommodate 200 children and will operate between the hours of 7.30am and 6.pm, Monday to Friday
- Children attending the centre will range in age between 0 and 4 years old
- The childcare centre will replace the existing childcare centre which operates from within an existing office building on the land
- A total of 44 car spaces is proposed to service the childcare centre
- Vehicle access to the new childcare centre will be via the existing access point off Jacksons Road.
Here are documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Application Form (pdf, 2MB)
Advertising Notice (pdf, 32KB)
Covering Letter (pdf, 149KB)
Title (pdf, 204KB)
Plans (pdf, 151MB)
Town Planning Report (pdf, 660KB)
Acoustic Report (pdf, 2MB)
Arborist Report (pdf, 3MB)
Landscape Masterplan (pdf, 7MB)
Transport Impact Assessment (pdf, 2MB)
Waste Management Plan (pdf, 2MB)
Metropolitan Planning Levy Certificate (pdf, 324KB)