Council has approved a plan for a 15 storey building comprising of a hotel, offices, multi-deck car park, gymnasium and commercial car wash at 12 Nexus Court, Mulgrave.
This $26 million development will form part of Nexus Corporate Park and is located adjacent to the Monash Freeway.
At its March 2018 meeting, Council resolved to issue a Notice of Decision to Grant a Planning Permit, subject to more than 25 conditions.
Council sought community feedback on the proposal and received one objection.
Before the development starts, three copies of amended plans drawn to scale and dimensioned must be submitted to and approved by Council.
The submitted plans must clearly portray and highlight the changes. Once approved, the plans will be endorsed and will form part of the permit.
Below are some of the required modifications:
- The laneway intersection with Nexus Court is to be redesigned to provide a 90 degree standard T-intersection
- Additional bicycle facilities in accordance with the requirements of Clause 52.34
- Provide a corner splay or area at least 50% clear of visual obstructions (or with a height of less than 1.2 metres), which may include adjacent landscaping areas with a height of less than 0.9 metres, extending to at least 2 metres long x 2.5 metres deep (within the property)
- No less than 3.5 car spaces per 100m2 of net leasable office floor area must be provided on the land for the office component of the development
For more information, see the report which Council considered before making its decision: Report to Council meeting on 12 Nexus Court, Mulgrave (pdf, 537KB)
Enquiries: James Heitmann, Principal Planner, on 9518 3628.
About the proposal
Key features of this $26 million development includes:
- Eight levels of car parking within the building containing a total of 387 car parking spaces. Vehicle access is provided to the car park from Nexus Court. Car parking spaces will service the proposed development and includes surplus car parking which will be utilised to service future development within Nexus Corporate Park
- Residential hotel comprising 139 rooms from levels 8 to 14. A reception area / lobby and bar and lounge for the residential hotel on the ground floor of the building that presents to Nexus Court. A porte-cochere adjacent to the main building entry where hotel guests can be dropped off or picked up
- A commercial car wash within the ground floor car park within the building providing for 3 wash bays
- Office floor space on levels 8, 9 and 10 with a combined floor area of 1,821 square metres
- Indoor recreation facility (gymnasium) on level 8 with a net leasable floor area of approximately 350 square metres
- Landscaped area on level 8 between the office and residential hotel
- 37 bicycle parking spaces along with end of trip facilities and associated amenities
- A maximum building height of 47.94 metres from natural ground level to the top of the parapet and approximately 50.5 metres to the top of the rooftop plant screen. The overall height of the proposed development will be up to 14 storeys.
Here are documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Title (pdf, 700KB)
Application Form (pdf, 3MB)
Planning Report (pdf, 2MB)
Town Planning Submission (pdf, 13MB)
A1 Drawing Set (pdf, 3MB)
Landscape Town Planning Report (pdf, 19MB)
Sustainability Management Plan (pdf, 2MB)
Waste Management Plan (pdf, 2MB)
Traffic and Transport Assessment (pdf, 3MB)