Council has approved a plan for a development at 2-4 Atherton Road, Oakleigh.
The $12 million development will comprise of a 10 storey mixed-use building comprising retail premises on the ground floor and residential apartments above.
At its June 2019 meeting, Council resolved to issue a Notice of Decision to Grant a Planning Permit, subject to more than 20 conditions.
Council sought community feedback on the proposal and received 21 objections.
For more information about the conditions and approved development, see the report which Council considered before making its decision:
Report to Council meeting on 2-4 Atherton Road, Oakleigh (pdf, 940KB) .
Enquiries: Jeanny Lui, Principal Planner, on 9518 3494.
The application was previously advertised between Friday 8 March 2019 and Monday 1 April 2019 for the construction of a fourteen (14) storey building at 2-4 Atherton Road, Oakleigh.
Amended plans were lodged to Council after public notification to address the preliminary concerns raised by Council officers.
Please view the amended plans here: Amended plans for 2-4 Atherton Road, Oakleigh (pdf, 8MB)
The key changes of the amended plans are:
- The proposed building reduced from a fourteen storey building to a ten storey building;
- The overall building height reduced from 44.3 metres to 31.9 metres;
- The number of apartments reduced from 55 to 40;
- The number of car parking spaces remained at 62.
As a result of the reduction in apartment numbers, the car parking provision will be in excess of the statutory requirement.
Council sought community feedback on a proposal for construction of a fourteen (14) storey building which would include a mix of residential and commercial premises at 2-4 Atherton Road Oakleigh. The proposal includes demolition of the existing building on site.
Feedback was formally sought by Monday 1 April 2019.
The applicant, Forum Group Pty Ltd, proposed a $14 million development that includes:
- Development of the land for a 14 storey mixed use building comprising retail premises on ground level and 55 residential apartment dwellings above
- The retail premises will have frontages to Atherton Road and Jones Street
- A total of 55 residential apartment dwellings consisting 5 one (1) bedroom apartments; 44 two (2) bedroom apartments; and 6 three (3) bedroom apartments
- A total of 62 car parking spaces is provided within the basement, including 61 car parking spaces for the residential apartments and one car space for the commercial premises
- The proposal seeks a reduction of three car parking spaces for the retail premises
- Vehicle access to the new development will be from Jones Street.
Here are documents that were submitted by the applicant:
Title (pdf, 62KB)
Application Form (pdf, 320KB)
Plans and Elevations (pdf, 12MB)
Town Planning Report (pdf, 11MB)
Sustainable Management Plan (pdf, 8MB)
Traffic Report (pdf, 16MB)
Urban Context Report (pdf, 68MB)
Waste Management Report (pdf, 1MB)
Photo Montage (pdf, 2MB)