Council has approved a plan for a mixed-use multi-level apartment building and three storey townhouses at 35-41 Dalgety Street, Oakleigh.
The $28.6 million development will comprise of a six storey apartment building including ground level commercial floor space to Atkinson Street and three storey townhouses with a combined basement car park,
At its December 2018 meeting, Council resolved to issue a Notice of Decision to Grant a Planning Permit, subject to more than 30 conditions.
Council sought community feedback on the proposal and received 23 objections.
For more information about the conditions and approved development, see the report which Council considered before making its decision: Report to Council meeting on 35-41 Dalgety Street, Oakleigh (pdf, 616KB)
Enquiries: James Heitmann, Principal Planner, on 9518 3628.
About the proposal
The applicant, Gaffney Properties Pty Ltd, proposed a $28.6 million development that included:
- A total of 96 dwellings comprising of:
- 8 x one bedroom apartments
- 60 x two bedroom apartments (in a mix of single and two storey arrangements)
- 28 x three bedroom apartments/dwellings (in a mix of single and double storey apartments and triple storey townhouses).
- Vehicle access to the site via a crossover on Dalgety Street
- 131 on-site car spaces (124 resident car spaces and 7 visitor car spaces) within two levels of basement car parking
- 40 bicycle spaces, including 10 visitor spaces located at the ground floor
- Primary pedestrian access via an entry lobby located on Dalgety Street. Secondary secure entrances to the development from Atkinson Street and Caloola Reserve
- Areas for services, bins and storage are provided within the basement levels and at ground level
- A ground floor communal space comprising an area of approximately 539m2
- An overall maximum building height of 23 metres (eight storeys)
- Proposed materials and finishes include: metal cladding of various colours, off white render, stone cladding, powdercoat aluminum.
The application also sought a partial reduction in the residential visitor car parking requirement.
Here are documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Application Form (pdf, 252KB)
Titles (pdf, 195KB)
Plans (pdf, 12MB)
Arboricultural Impact Assessment Report (pdf, 3MB)
Clause 58 Assessment (pdf, 4MB)
Sustainable Management Plan (pdf, 1MB)
Landscape Plan (pdf, 7MB)
Survey Plan (pdf, 332KB)
Town Planning and Urban Context Report (pdf, 7MB)
Architectural Statement (pdf, 12MB)
Waste Management Plan (pdf, 959KB)
Traffic Report (pdf, 3MB)