Council sought community feedback on the design plans for a shared path upgrade on the Gardiners Creek Trail until Friday 12 March 2021.
The Gardiners Creek Trail Upgrade Project is supported by the Federal Government’s Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program. The project will bring improvements to the Gardiners Creek Trail between Highbury Road and High Street Road, Burwood.
Gardiners Creek Trail is a popular trail in Monash and is well used by the local community.
The existing narrow path along Gardiners Creek Trail creates some conflicts between pedestrians and cyclists and the width of the shared path is no longer suitable for the increasing number of users. As a consequence, the path needs to be upgraded to provide improved safety and amenity for all users.
The proposed upgrade of Gardiners Creek Trail is part of Council’s ongoing Walking and Cycling Strategy Program.
The works will include:
- Construction of a 3m wide concrete shared path which follows the existing alignment.
- Associated lighting, line markings and signage.
- Improved maintenance arrangements to reduce conflict with path users and maintenance vehicles
- Removal of one tree in declining health and one small tree to allow for the alignment of the new path. The removal of this vegetation is necessary to construct the new path. The trees will be repurposed to provide habitat logs in the area.
- Replacement planting of vegetation in an area that does not impact the path.
There will be no impact to access of properties during these works. The works will be carried out in 2 stages - Stage 1 will start at the Highbury Road end and Stage 2 will be undertaken at a later date.
Council is in the process of finalising the design plans for these works and we anticipate completing Stage 1 by the end of June 2021.
Here are the current design plans:
Gardiners Creek Shared Path Alignment - Sheet 1 (pdf, 206KB)
Gardiners Creek Shared Path Alignment - Sheet 2 (pdf, 836KB)
Phone: 9518 3228
The information obtained through this survey will not be disclosed to any external party without your consent, unless required or authorised by law.
If you wish to gain access to, or alter any personal information you have supplied within this survey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org