Council has established a Gender Equity Advisory Committee to provide Council with advice on improving gender equity within the Monash community, to actively encourage women’s full and equal participation in community life and the implementation of the Gender Equity Strategy.
In December 2015 and early January 2016, Council sought nominations from community members living or working in Monash, or from community organisations and service providers, who work in the City of Monash and have a focus on gender equity and/or women’s health and wellbeing. Council aims to achieve representation of community members from different cultural/ethnic backgrounds, different geographic areas across Monash and age and gender balance.
Applications closed 15 January 2016.
In appointing members, Council will consider issues such as:
- knowledge and understanding of the gender equity issues and considerations in the Monash community
- interest and involvement in local and/or broader gender equity activities
- interest and understanding of local government services and programs from a gender equity perspective
- ability to contribute to the strategic development of gender equity policy at local government level
- experience and understanding of the role of an advisory committee
Form more information, please call Fee Harrison, Manager Community Planning and Development, on 9518 3526 or email email@example.com.
Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference - Gender Equity Advisory Committee (pdf, 292KB)
Phone: 9518 3269
National Relay Service: 1800 555 660