Council sought nominations from community members interested in joining Monash's Health & Wellbeing Partnership Plan Steering Committee. Three community representatives will be appointed. Nominations closed on Friday 6 January 2017.
The role of Steering Committee is to:
- Provide expert and community advice on key health and wellbeing issues and initiatives within Monash
- Identify key current and emerging health and wellbeing issues and service gaps in Monash
- Assist in formalising the priorities for the City of Monash Health and Wellbeing Partnership Plan 2017-2021
- Review the draft plan within realistic timeframes provided
- Promote a partnership approach to the development and evaluation of the key initiatives outlined in the plan
- Promote and support the plan across the community.
Terms of Reference
Health and Wellbeing Partnership Plan (pdf, 3MB)
The Steering Committee will meet regularly over the next 12 months to oversee the development of the new Health & Wellbeing Partnership Plan 2017-2021.
The committee includes representatives of Monash Council and of regional health partner agencies, including Inner East Melbourne Medicare Local, Inner East Primary Care Partnership, Link Health & Community, Women’s Health East and the Department of Health and Human Services.
Council aims to achieve an age and gender balance of community members on the committee, as well as representation of community members from different cultural/ethnic backgrounds and different geographic areas across Monash.
In appointing community members, Council will consider issues such as:
- knowledge and understanding of health and wellbeing issues and considerations in the Monash community
- interest and involvement in local and/or broader health and wellbeing activities and initiatives
- interest and understanding of local government services and programs from a health and wellbeing perspective
- ability to contribute to the strategic development of Health and Wellbeing Partnership Plan at local government level
- experience and understanding of the role of a committee of Council.
For more information on the nomination process, please contact Jackie Grieve, Acting Health Promotion Coordinator, on 9518 3574 or email firstname.lastname@example.org