On 7 February 2016, the Victorian Government released proposed designs for nine level crossing removals, including two crossings in Clayton and one in Hughesdale.
The designs include three sections of elevated 'skyrail', taking in Clayton and Centre Rds (Clayton) and Poath Rd (Hughesdale).
More information is available on the Victorian Government's Level Crossing Removal Authority website or you can read below:
Please find below the proposed designs for each of the three level crossing removals in Monash.
Clayton Rd, Clayton
Centre Rd, Clayton
Poath Rd, Hughesdale
Have Your Say
The government has said it is seeking community feedback on the proposed designs, including the community spaces, station designs, landscaping and bicycle facilities.
People can provide feedback about the specific projects:
- Clayton Road, Clayton
- Centre Road, Clayton
- Poath Road, Hughesdale
On behalf of the government, the Level Crossing Removal Authority is also holding community sessions:
- Saturday 13 February (1.30pm-4.30pm) – Hughesdale Community Centre (160 Poath Rd)
- Thursday 25 February (9am-midday) – Hughesdale Community Centre (160 Poath Rd)
- Saturday 27 February (9am-midday) – Clayton Community Centre (9-15 Cooke St)
- Monday 7 March (6pm-9pm) – Clayton Hall (264 Clayton Rd).
In addition, the authority has scheduled an additional smaller scale community consultation in Monash:
- Thursday 17 March (9am-5pm) - Clayton Community Centre
Submissions are due by 5pm on Friday 18 March 2016. Submissions can be made via the Level Crossing Removal Authority website.
Council's initial response
At its meeting on 23 February 2016, Council resolved to call for more information and for genuine community consultation.
Council resolved to (amongst other things):
- Request a thorough and documented explanation from the Level Crossing Removal Authority of the investigation used to determine selection of the elevated rail option at each location
- Express concern for any impacts on the amenity of residents who live near the proposed elevated rail sections
- Advocate for the State Government to genuinely consider all of the concerns and feedback raised with it during the current community consultation.
Here is a media release about Council's initial response: Skyrail plan: need for more information and for genuine community consultation.
Here is the resolution made by Council at its meeting: Decisions - 23 February 2016, motion 3.5 (pdf, 72KB).
The Level Crossing Removal Authority can be contacted on:
For languages other than English, please call 9280 0780.
If you would like to discuss the proposed plans with Council, please contact Terry Tillotson, Principal Transport Engineer, on 9518 3439.