Monash Council called for nominations for the Monash Multicultural Advisory Committee and the Monash Disability Consultative Committee. These committees respectively provide advice to Council on multicultural issues and the implementation of the Monash Multicultural Action Plan, and on issues important to people with a disability, their carers and families and on the implementation of the Disability Action Plan.
There were three (3) vacancies on the Monash Multicultural Advisory Committee and six (6) vacancies on the Monash Disability Consultative Committee.
In appointing members, Council considered issues such as:
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs and issues affecting Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities and people with a disability, their carers and families
- Interest and involvement in local and/or broader multicultural community affairs and an interest and ability to represent the views of Monash residents living with a disability, their carers and families
- Interest and understanding of local government services and programs relating to people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities and people with a disability
- Ability to contribute to the strategic development of multicultural and disability policy at local government level
- Direct links to ethnic community populations and/or organisations that work with and support people with a disability; and
- Experience and understanding of the role of an advisory committee.
Nominations closed on Friday 5 December 2014.
Futher information and the committees’ Terms of Reference can be found at:
Or you can contact Eugenia Grammatikakis, Social Policy and Program Coordinator: