Nominations are invited from interested Monash residents and/or professionals working within the multicultural field to join the Monash Multicultural Advisory Committee.
Applications closed: 5pm, Wednesday 4 April 2018.
The aim of this Committee is to provide Council with advice on multicultural issues and on the implementation of Council’s A Healthy and Resilient Monash: Integrated Plan 2017-2021.
In appointing members, Council will be considering issues such as:
- knowledge and understanding of the needs and issues affecting culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities
- interest and involvement in local and/or broader multicultural community issues
- interest and understanding of Local Government services and programs from a multicultural perspective
- ability to contribute to the strategic development of multicultural policy at local government level
- direct links to CALD community populations and/or organisations
- experience and understanding of the role of an advisory committee
Council aims to achieve representation of community members from different cultural/ethnic backgrounds, different geographic areas across Monash, and age and gender balance.
Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference - Multicultural Advisory Committee (pdf, 79KB)
Siobhan Wood, Community Wellbeing Coordinator
Phone: 9518 3531