Works to create a new playspace at Samada Street Reserve are expected to begin in March 2018 and be completed by May 2018.
Thank you to local residents who provided ideas and feedback to help Council create a modern, fun playspace.
We have incorporated some of these ideas into a concept plan. Whilst we believe that the construction of this playspace will be largely consistent with what is shown, this design is indicative rather than a precise specification.
Draft concept plan for Samada Street playspace (pdf, 1MB)
Key play elements include:
- Timber adventure unit with rock climbing wall and slides
- Basket swing
- Fitness station with monkey bars
- Spinning see-saw rocker
- Swing set with 'Expression' infant swing
- Rock and log steppers
- Wood carved animal play structure.
Other elements of the project will include:
- Installation of a seating, picnic tables, BBQ and bins
- Installation of concrete pathway
- Planting more trees and other vegetation.
We hope you will enjoy these improvements to your local neighbourhood.
In 2017, Council sought ideas and feedback from the community for a new playspace in Samada Street, Notting Hill.
Some of the community ideas were incorporated into a draft concept plan. Local residents were invited to provide feedback on the draft plan until Monday 14 August 2017.