A new playspace in Samada Street Reserve (Notting Hill) opened in May 2018.
Here is the concept plan for the playspace:
Draft concept plan for Samada Street playspace (pdf, 1MB)
To come up with the concept plan, Council first asked for the community's ideas. Community's suggestions were included in the final design.
Key play elements include:
- Timber adventure unit with rock climbing wall and slides
- Basket swing
- Fitness station with monkey bars
- Spinning see-saw rocker
- Swing set with 'Expression' infant swing
- Rock and log steppers
- Wood carved animal play structure.
Other elements of the project include:
- Installation of a seating, picnic tables, BBQ and bins
- Installation of concrete pathway
- Planting more trees and other vegetation.
We hope you will enjoy these improvements to your local neighbourhood.
In 2017, Council sought ideas and feedback from the community for a new playspace in Samada Street, Notting Hill.
Some of the community ideas were incorporated into a draft concept plan. Local residents were invited to provide feedback on the draft plan until Monday 14 August 2017.