Nominations were invited from Monash community members interested in joining Monash's Environmental Advisory Committee.
Nominations closed on Friday 26 May 2017. We were looking to fill one casual vacancy with a community member, who lives, works or studies in Monash. The membership term would be for one year.
At its October 2017 meeting, Council approved the appointment of Carlie Dann to the Environmental Advisory Committee (EAC) until April 2018. For more information, see the report which Council considered before making its decision: Appointment of New Member to the Environmental Advisory Committee (PDF, 110KB)
The aim of this Committee is to inform and advise Council on environmental and sustainability related issues and Council’s role in improving the natural environment of Monash. The Committee advises on the implementation, monitoring and review of the Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2016–2026 and subsequent implementation plans, strategies and actions.
Within the Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2016 – 2026, there are seven (7) priority areas:
- Built Environment
- Urban Ecology
- Climate Change
- Waste and Resource Management
- Integrated Water Management
- Partnerships and Leadership
- Education, Engagement and Reporting
In appointing members, Council considered issues such as:
- knowledge and understanding of the environmental and sustainability issues and considerations in the Monash community
- interest and involvement in local and/or broader environmental and sustainability activities
- interest and understanding of local government services and programs from an environmental and sustainability perspective
- ability to contribute to the strategic development and implementation of environmental and sustainability policy at local government level
- experience and understanding of the role of an advisory committee.
Trish McGee, Coordinator Sustainability:
Phone: 9518 3010