MONASH CITY COUNCIL (“Council”) gives notice under Section 190 of the Local Government Act 1989 (“the Act”) of its intention to grant leases on the same terms and conditions to the following organisations for the use of the following Premises:
- Columbia Park Early Learning Centre Inc. - Columbia Park Early Learning Centre, 28a Columbia Drive, Wheelers Hill
- Syndal Preschool Association Inc. - Syndal Preschool, 2 Matthew Street, Glen Waverley
- Ashwood Children’s Centre Incorporated - Ashwood Children’s Centre, 4-8 Yooralla Street, Ashwood
- Hughesdale Kindergarten Incorporated - Hughesdale Kindergarten, 10 Freda Street, Hughesdale
- Jells Park Preschool Association Inc. - Jells Park Preschool, 37-39 Petronella Avenue, Wheelers Hill
- Highvale Preschool Association Inc. - Highvale Pre-School, 56-58 Campbell Street, Glen Waverley
- Waverley Meadows Preschool Association Inc. - Waverley Meadows Preschool, 6 Farnham Avenue, Wheelers Hill
- Pinewood Preschool Centre Inc. - Pinewood Preschool, 13 Pinewood Drive, Mount Waverley
- Brandon Park Children’s Centre Inc. - Brandon Park Children’s Centre, 649-659 Ferntree Gully Road Glen Waverley
- Appletree Hill Preschool Association Inc. - Appletree Hill Preschool, 37 Shepherd Road, Glen Waverley
- Brentwood Preschool Association Inc. - Brentwood Preschool, part 52-58 View Mount Road, Wheelers Hill
Plans for each site can be obtained from Council’s City Development Division or by emailing email@example.com:
Principal terms of the proposed Leases:
- Rent: $1.00 per annum plus GST;
- Term: Five Years with an option for a further Five Years
- Rent Reviews: Not applicable
- Permitted Use: For the purposes associated with the activities of a kindergarten including three and four-year-old kindergarten programs, playgroups, activity programs for young children and other activities such as kindergarten meetings and fundraising functions
- Outgoings: The lessee will be responsible for all services and outgoings including utilities relating to the Premises.
A person may make a submission on the proposal. Pursuant to Section 223 of the Act, any person wishing to make a submission must do so in writing so that the submission is received no later than 5pm on Wednesday 5 May 2021.
A person making a submission is entitled to request in the submission that they wish to appear in person, or to be represented by a person specified in the submission, to be heard in support of the submission before Council (or a committee established by Council for this purpose). If a person wishes to be heard in support of their submission, they must include this request to be heard in their written submission.
All submissions must quote Reference W20-108 and be addressed to:
- Director City Development, Monash City Council,
- and sent by post to: PO Box 1, Glen Waverley, VIC, 3150
- or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hearings will take place at a meeting of the Council or its committee on a date, time and place to be determined by the Council. The Council will give reasonable notice of the meeting date, time and place to each submitter who requests to be heard.
Any person making a written submission under Section 223 of the Act is advised that all submissions and personal information in the submission will be handled by Council in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.
All submissions will be considered in accordance with Section 223 of the Act. Following consideration of submissions, Council will decide whether to lease the Premises.
Enquiries to: Mark Gibson, Manager Property, 9518 3025 or email email@example.com
- DR ANDI DIAMOND
- Chief Executive Officer