Monash City Council (“Council”) gives notice under Section 190 of the Local Government Act 1989 (“the Act”) of its intention to grant a lease to the Waverley Gymnastics Centre Inc. Registration No. A0012360N, for the use of part of the Oakleigh Recreation Centre, located on Crown land at 2A Park Road, Oakleigh, being part of Crown Allotment 23A, Township of Oakleigh, Parish of Mulgrave ("Premises").
A plan of the Premises can be obtained from Council’s City Development Division or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal terms of the proposed Lease:
- Rent: $15,000.00 plus GST per annum for Years 1, 2 and 3 and $69,074.00 plus GST per annum for Year 4.
- Term: Twenty One (21) years commencing upon completion of the development of the Premises by Council
- Rent Reviews: At the commencement of Year 5, and on each subsequent anniversary of the commencement date, the Rent will be adjusted in line with CPI movements
- Permitted Use: Gymnastics and associated activities
- Outgoings: The lessee will be responsible for all services and outgoings including utilities relating to the Premises.
A person may make a submission on the proposal. Pursuant to Section 223 of the Act, any person wishing to make a submission must do so in writing so that the submission is received no later than 5pm on Wednesday 5 August 2020.
A person making a submission is entitled to request in the submission that they wish to appear in person, or to be represented by a person specified in the submission, to be heard in support of the submission before Council (or a committee established by Council for this purpose). If a person wishes to be heard in support of their submission, they must include this request to be heard in their written submission.
All submissions must quote Reference F19-3701 and be addressed to Director City Development, Monash City Council.
Please send via one of the below:
- Mail: PO Box 1, Glen Waverley, VIC 3150
- In-person: Monash Civic Centre at 293 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley
- Email: email@example.com
Hearings will take place at a meeting of the Council or its committee on the 11 August 2020 at 6pm at Monash Civic Centre, 293 Springvale Rd, Glen Waverley.
Any person making a written submission under Section 223 of the Act is advised that all submissions and personal information in the submission will be handled by Council in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.
All submissions will be considered in accordance with Section 223 of the Act. Following consideration of submissions, Council will decide whether to lease the Premises.
Enquiries to: Mark Gibson, Manager Property, 9518 3025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Andi Diamond
- Chief Executive Officer