A new playspace has opened at Mackellar Avenue Reserve, Brandon Park.
Council began creating the playspace in late January 2016 after seeking ideas and feedback from the community. The playspace opened in April 2016.
Thank you to those who provided feedback – it has helped Council deliver a project that is valued by the local community.
Some community ideas were incorporated into the Draft Concept Plan (pdf, 334KB)
The key play elements to be installed are:
- Reconditioned double swing with junior and senior seats
- Basket swing
- Slide and deck
- Sand digger
- Rubber Play Matta
- Natural landscaping elements including horizontal log sleepers and climbing play rocks.
Other elements of the project will include:
- Installing a new park bench and table (replacing existing old furniture)
- Planting low level vegetation
- Creating concrete and crushed rock pathways associated with the playspace
- Improving the drainage around the playspace.
We hope you will enjoy these improvements to your local park.
For more information, please call Chris McEwan, Recreation Programs Officer, on 9518 3527 or email email@example.com