A new playspace has opened at Marykirk Drive Reserve, Wheelers Hill.
Council began creating the playspace in October 2015 after seeking ideas and feedback from the community. The playspace opened in December 2015.
Thank you to those who provided feedback – it has helped Council deliver a project that is valued by the local community.
Some community ideas were incorporated into the Final Concept Plan (PDF, 557KB)
The key play elements installed are:
- Reconditioned and relocated double swing
- G-Pod spinner
- Spiral slide with adjoining decks
- Play table and stools
- Rubber Playmatta
- Natural landscaping elements including horizontal log sleepers and climbing play rocks.
Other elements of the project will include:
- Installing a reconditioned and relocated bench
- Planting more trees and other low level vegetation
- New concrete and crush rock pathways associated with the playspace
- Improved drainage around the playspace site
Planting and grass hydro seeding will be completed in March 2016 when the weather is a bit cooler.
For more information, please contact Chris McEwan, Recreation Programs Officer, on 9518 3527 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.