A new playspace opened in Portland Street South Reserve (Mulgrave) in early March 2017.
The previous playspace had reached the end of its safe, useful life so that is why we created a new playspace. Community feedback has been very helpful in making sure we deliver a playspace that will be enjoyed and will be an asset to the community.
The key play elements installed were:
- rubber mound with slide, rock scramble and rubber steps
- re-conditioned double swing with toddler and sling seats
- multi-play rocker
- step logs up an embankment
- mudstone play rocks.
We made some changes to what had been proposed in the original concept, responding to community feedback and giving some matters further consideration. These changes were:
- introducing a multi play rocker rather than a single spinner. Multi play rockers tend to be more popular with the community
- relocating the picnic table so it sits under existing trees, where it will benefit from shade immediately. With the previous location, a new tree was to be planted but this may have taken some time to provide shade.
For more information, contact Chris McEwan, Recreation Programs Officer, on 9518 3527 or email email@example.com