A new playspace opened in Tally Ho Reserve in mid-June 2016. Thank you to local residents who provided ideas and feedback to help Council create a modern, fun playspace.
We incorporated some of the community’s ideas into a final construction plan.
Tally Ho Reserve playspace - construction plan (pdf, 2MB)
The key play elements are:
- Basketball hoop with netball hoop on reverse side
- Reconditioned double swing with toddler and sling seat
- Pole balancing challenge
- Timber deck and slide
- Climbing cube
- Basket swing
- Loop path
- Natural landscaping elements including horizontal log sleepers and climbing play rocks.
Other elements of the project included.
- Installing a picnic table and bench for social seating
- Planting low level vegetation
- Creating new accessible concrete and crushed rock pathways within the playspace and a new pathway connecting to pathways in the reserve and Solferino Close.
As soon as the new playspace opened, the reserve’s old playspace was removed. That playspace had come to the end of its useful life so could not continue to be used.
We hope you will enjoy these improvements to your local park.
For more information, please contact Council:
In 2015, Council sought ideas from the community about what they would like to see included in the playspace and the reserve.
Some ideas were incorporated into a draft concept plan. Local residents were invited to provide feedback in November 2015.