Council is planning to upgrade the playspace at Woodlea Drive Reserve over the next year, to make it more interesting and fun for local children.
Works to create the playspace has been completed in early April 2016.
In June and early July 2015, Council sought ideas from the community about what they would like to see included in the playspace and the reserve.
Some ideas were incorporated into a draft concept plan. Monash residents were invited to provide feedback by 11 September 2015.
Thank you to local residents who provided ideas to help Council create a modern playspace in Woodlea Drive Reserve.
Woodlea Drive Reserve - Draft Concept Plan (pdf, 666KB)
We have incorporated some of the community ideas into a final construction plan. The key play elements to be installed are:
- Reconditioned and relocated double swing
- Basket swing
- Play Fort with slide and climbing rope
- Play goal posts
- Rubber softfall surfacing
- Natural landscaping elements including horizontal logs sleepers and climbing play rocks.
Other elements of the project will include:
- Installing a new park bench and table (replacing existing old furniture)
- Planting low level vegetation
- Creating concrete and crushed rock pathways associated with the playspace
- Improving the drainage around the playspace.
We hope you will enjoy these improvements to your local park.
For more information, please call Chris McEwan, Recreation Programs Officer, on 9518 3527 or email email@example.com