Council was encouraging residents from a variety of cultural backgrounds and geographic areas across Monash to come forward and join the Positive Ageing Reference Group (PARG)
Nominations were invited by Friday 24 February 2017.
Key functions of the group include:
- providing feedback and guidance to Council on the progress of the Age Friendly Plan 2015 - 2019 (pdf, 2MB)
- assisting Council with planning and implementing the Positive Ageing Lifestyle Program (PALS) and the Monash Seniors Festival
- identifying opportunities to promote positive and active ageing
- representing Council at community events
- advocating on behalf of the older adult community to ensure their needs and issues are represented.
Reference Group members should be able to demonstrate:
- knowledge and understanding of the needs and issues affecting older people
- an interest and involvement in local and/or broader affairs, advocacy and networks of older people.
The Positive Ageing Reference Group meets every eight weeks on a Thursday afternoon, from 2pm-4pm.
Council aims to achieve an age and gender balance of community members on the committee, as well as representation of community members from different cultural/ethnic backgrounds and from different geographic areas across Monash.
Enquiries: Sallenna Moutis, Social Inclusion Coordinator, on 9518 3585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.