Council is seeking community feedback on a proposal for a four storey residential aged care facility and medical centre at 1-9 Allen Street and 777-781 Warrigal Road, Oakleigh.
Please note that this is a new application and separate to the previous application TPA/48803 currently before VCAT.
Feedback is formally sought by Tuesday 5 March 2019. However, Council will continue to accept submissions on this proposal up until it makes a decision.
The applicant, Stellar Care Oakleigh Pty Ltd, proposes a $25 million development that includes:
- 155 bed residential aged care facility and associated ancillary facilities (wellness area, theatre room, community space, billiards room, library, café, activity room and communal lounge areas)
- 257m2 medical centre accommodating up to 5 practitioners
- 56 on site car spaces within a basement car park area accessed from Allen Street
- Porte-cochere along the Allen Street frontage providing for short-term pick-up and drop-off parking
- Pedestrian access to the medical centre via Warrigal Road
- 31 on site bicycle parking spaces.
We are holding a 'drop in' information session for community members who are interested in finding out more.
Enquiries: James Heitmann, Principal Planner, on 9518 3628.
Here are documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Application Form (pdf, 2MB)
Title (pdf, 4MB)
Architectural Plans (pdf, 16MB)
Town Planning and Urban Context Report (pdf, 4MB)
Landscape Plan (pdf, 7MB)
Arboricultural Assessment (pdf, 8MB)
Complex Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Management Plan (pdf, 14MB)
Sustainability Management Plan (pdf, 15MB)
Public Information Session
As part of the consultation process a public information ‘drop in’ session will be held on:
- Thursday 21 February 2019
- Monash Seminar and Training Centre
- 1a Atherton Road, Oakleigh
- 6.30pm - 8pm
This will be an informal ‘drop in’ session to provide additional information about the proposal. No formal presentation will take place at the information session.
Plans and application documents will be displayed at the information session and Council officers will be in attendance to answer any questions about the proposal and planning process.
How to provide feedback
Persons wishing to lodge an objection to the new application will need to lodge a separate objection to the current application TPA/49990.
Any person who may be affected by the proposal may lodge an objection or provide feedback to Council. Objections must be made in writing.
Objections should detail any concerns you have regarding the proposal, reasons for the objection, how you would be affected by the proposal and include your name, postal address and reference to TPA/49990.
Please provide feedback/objection in writing to Council by Tuesday 5 March 2019.
Please quote the Application Number TPA/49990.
Planning Objection Form
Planning Objection Form