In mid-2015, Council sought community feedback on a proposal from Federation Centres to redevelop The Glen shopping centre site.
At its 28 July 2015 meeting, Council approved the overall plans for the $500 million redevelopment. In response to community concerns, Council reduced the height of the tallest proposed building from 24 storeys to 20 storeys.
For more information on Council's decision, please see Redevelopment of The Glen shopping centre.
Information provided during the consultation period
Features of the proposed development include:
- Building additions to extend the existing shopping centre
- The construction of three residential apartment buildings ranging between 9-24 storeys in height above existing ground level. The apartment buildings are proposed to be located at the southern end of The Glen shopping centre
- Alterations to existing car park entry points
- Provision of more than 3,800 on-site car parks
- Modernising of the building façade.
More information is available in the following documents:
Town Planning Report (PDF, 6MB)
Planning Submission (PDF, 54MB)
Architectural Plans (PDF, 82MB)
Traffic Engineering Assessment (PDF, 2MB)
Traffic Engineering Assessment - more information part one (PDF, 462KB)
Traffic Engineering Assessment - more information part two (PDF, 2MB)
Environmental Wind Assessment (PDF, 261KB)
ESD Management Plan (PDF, 3MB)
Survey Plan (PDF, 7MB)
Market Demand Assessment (PDF, 1MB)