Council is seeking community feedback on a proposal to amend an existing Planning Permit for a development at 1899-1901 Dandenong Road, Clayton.
Council first issued a Planning Permit on 12 May 2015 allowing the development of two shops and seven dwellings, a reduction of the car parking requirement, waiver of the loading bay requirement and use of land for accommodation within a 3-4 storey building.
An application has been received to amend the approved development.
Feedback is formally sought by Tuesday 20 February 2018. However, Council will continue to accept submissions on this proposal up until it makes a decision.
The current application seeks to:
- Amend the permit preamble to include the additional five dwellings and delete the use of the land for accommodation as the dwellings are as of right pursuant to Clause 34.01-1
- Amend plans to provide for an additional level (overall height of 5 storeys), five new dwellings (total number of 12 dwellings), new basement level, additional car parking, modification to dwelling layouts and façade detailing.
The amended proposal seeks to allow construction of a five storey plus basement building comprising:
- A total of 12 residential dwellings, including 3 x 1 bedroom and 9 x 2 bedrooms
- Two ground floor shops with an aggregate leasable floor area of 160m2
- A total of 16 on-site car spaces (12 resident and 4 shop) are proposed in the basement car park, comprising 15 car stacker spaces and one disabled space
- Vehicle access to the basement car park is proposed via a car lift accessed from the laneway at the rear
- A total of 15 bicycle spaces are proposed on the ground floor accessed via the front entry.
Enquiries: James Heitmann, Principal Planner, on 9518 3628
Here are the documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Title (PDF, 4MB)
Application Form (PDF, 2MB)
Plans (PDF, 14MB)
Planning Report (PDF, 4MB)
Sustainability Management Plan (PDF, 11MB)
Traffic Report (PDF, 10MB)
Waste Management Plan (PDF, 4MB)
How to provide feedback
Any person who may be affected by the proposal may lodge an objection or provide feedback to Council. Objections must be made in writing.
Objections should detail any concerns you have regarding the proposal, reasons for the objection, how you would be affected by the proposal and include your name, postal address and reference to TPA/42833/A.
Please provide feedback/objection in writing to Council by Tuesday 20 February 2018.
Please quote the Application Number TPA/42833/A
Planning Objection Form (DOC, 86KB)
Planning Objection Form (PDF, 93KB)