A developer has appealed to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) because Council did not decide upon an application for 102-108 Drummond Street (Oakleigh) within the required 60 day timeframe.
This means that VCAT will now be the body that decides whether the proposal goes ahead.
At its meeting on Tuesday 31 July 2018, Council determined that if it were in a position to make a decision on the proposal, it would determine to refuse the application.
VCAT has scheduled a Practice Day Hearing for Friday 24 August 2018, a Compulsory Conference for Thursday 4 October 2018, and a three-day Merits Hearing commencing Wednesday 28 November 2018.
Objectors wishing to have VCAT take into consideration their concerns must lodge a Statement of Grounds with VCAT by Friday 10 August 2018.
Enquiries: James Heitmann, Principal Planner (Major Projects), on 9518 3628.
Council is unable to determine the application but must form a position on the application. Council has assessed the proposal against relevant requirements of the Monash Planning Scheme along with all issues raised within objections.
At its meeting on Tuesday 31 July 2018, Council resolved that if it were in a position to make a decision, it would determine to refuse the application based on the following grounds:
- The proposed development is excessive in building height, scale and massing having regard to the surrounding context and applicable state and local policy
- The proposal is inconsistent with the objectives and requirements of Design and Development Overlay – Schedule 10
- The proposal would result in a poor level of internal amenity for future residents
- The development does not provide sufficient visitor car parking
- The development does not provide for adequate deep soil planting and landscaping areas
- The development does not provide for an appropriate commercial interface at street level consistent with the purpose of the Commercial 1 Zone.
About the proposal
The application proposes construction of a eight storey building comprising:
- 109 residential apartments (41 x 1 bedroom apartments and 68 x 2 bedroom apartments)
- 114 basement car parking spaces (109 resident car spaces and 5 visitor car spaces)
- Vehicle access to the basement via Southern Laneway
- Pedestrian access from Drummond Street.
Lodging a Statement of Grounds
Objectors are able to lodge a Statement of Grounds with VCAT to have their concerns taken into consideration as part of the decision-making process.
Statement of Grounds must be lodged by Friday 10 August 2018. Here is the form you can download and fill in:
Statement of Grounds (pdf, 51KB)
A copy of the Statement of Grounds must also be provided to the applicant (c/- Tract Consultants, Level 6, 6 Riverside Quay, Southbank VIC 3006) and Council (email@example.com)
Here are documents that have been submitted by the applicant for TPA/48755:
Title (pdf, 637KB)
Application Form (pdf, 451KB)
Landscape Plans (pdf, 3MB)
Planning Report (pdf, 4MB)
Plans (pdf, 39MB)
Sustainability Management Plan (pdf, 730KB)
Traffic Report (pdf, 3MB)
Waste Management Plan (pdf, 231KB)