Update - Refusal
Council has refused a six story building with ground floor retail and offices above at 12-14 Johnson Street, Oakleigh.
Council sought community feedback and received six objections.
At its meeting on Tuesday 25 August 2020, Council considered key issues such as the building height and setbacks, provision of parking, traffic generation and equitable development potential for adjoining properties, as part of its decision making.
Please view the report which Council considered prior to making its decision: Report to Council meeting on 12-14 Johnston Street, Oakleigh (pdf, 561KB)
Enquiries: Alexandra Wade, Principal Planner, on 9518 3068.
Council sought community feedback on the proposed development of a six (6) storey building with ground floor retail and offices above at 12-14 Johnson Street, Oakleigh.
Feedback was formally sought by Monday 3 August 2020.
The applicant, Goldman Johnson Pty Ltd proposed a $9.35 million development which included:
- The proposed building is six (6) storeys, with a height of 23.2 metres
- Vehicle access is proposed via Mill Road
- Two levels of basement parking plus a ground level area of parking is proposed with a total of 61 car parking spaces plus 5 motorbike spaces. The application seeks a reduction of the standard car parking requirements prescribed within the Planning Scheme
- Two retail tenancies are proposed at the ground floor fronting Johnson Street, with offices on the levels above
- Pedestrian entry to the building is via Johnson Street.
Here are the documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Application Form (pdf, 1MB)
Covering Letter (pdf, 494KB)
Certificate of Title (pdf, 5MB)
Plans (pdf, 6MB)
3D Renders (pdf, 3MB)
Environmentally Sustainable Design (ESD) Report (pdf, 6MB)
Metropolitan Planning Levy (MPL) Certificate (pdf, 990KB)
Survey Plan (pdf, 2MB)
Town Planning Report (pdf, 6MB)
Traffic Memo (pdf, 669KB)
Traffic Report (pdf, 10MB)
Waste Management Plan (pdf, 202KB)