Council is seeking community feedback on a proposal for construction of a fourteen (14) storey building which would include a mix of residential and commercial premises at 2-4 Atherton Road Oakleigh. The proposal includes demolition of the existing building on site.
Feedback is formally sought by Monday 1 April 2019. However Council will continue to accept submissions on this proposal up until it makes a decision.
The applicant, Forum Group Pty Ltd, proposes a $14 million development that includes:
- Development of the land for a 14 storey mixed use building comprising retail premises on ground level and 55 residential apartment dwellings above
- The retail premises will have frontages to Atherton Road and Jones Street
- A total of 55 residential apartment dwellings consisting 5 one (1) bedroom apartments; 44 two (2) bedroom apartments; and 6 three (3) bedroom apartments
- A total of 62 car parking spaces is provided within the basement, including 61 car parking spaces for the residential apartments and one car space for the commercial premises
- The proposal seeks a reduction of three car parking spaces for the retail premises
- Vehicle access to the new development will be from Jones Street.
We are holding a 'drop in' information session for community members who are interested in finding out more.
Enquiries: Jeanny Lui, Senior Statutory Planner, on 9518 3494.
Here are documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Title (pdf, 62KB)
Application Form (pdf, 320KB)
Plans and Elevations (pdf, 12MB)
Town Planning Report (pdf, 11MB)
Sustainable Management Plan (pdf, 8MB)
Traffic Report (pdf, 16MB)
Urban Context Report (pdf, 68MB)
Waste Management Report (pdf, 1MB)
Photo Montage (pdf, 2MB)
Public Information Session
As part of the consultation process a public information ‘drop in’ session will be held on:
- Thursday 21 March 2019
- Monash Seminar and Training Centre
- 1a Atherton Road, Oakleigh
- 6.30pm - 8pm
This will be an informal ‘drop in’ session to provide additional information about the proposal. No formal presentation will take place at the information session.
Plans and application documents will be displayed at the information session and Council officers will be in attendance to answer any questions about the proposal and planning process.
How to provide feedback
Persons wishing to lodge an objection to the new application will need to lodge a separate objection to the current application TPA/49921.
Any person who may be affected by the proposal may lodge an objection or provide feedback to Council. Objections must be made in writing.
Objections should detail any concerns you have regarding the proposal, reasons for the objection, how you would be affected by the proposal and include your name, postal address and reference to TPA/49921.
Please provide feedback/objection in writing to Council by Monday 1 April 2019.
Please quote the Application Number TPA/49921.
Planning Objection Form
Planning Objection Form