Update - Approved proposal May 2020
Council has approved an application for a six storey mixed-use building including retail at the ground floor and office above, with basement car parking at 2-4 Kingsway, Glen Waverley.
Council sought community feedback on the application and received 3 objections.
The development was approved subject to more than 25 conditions.
To find out more, please see the report Council considered prior to making its decision: Report to Council meeting on 2-4 Kingsway, Glen Waverley (pdf, 549KB)
Enquiries: Alexandra Wade, Principal Planner (Major Projects), on 9518 3068.
Council sought community feedback on a proposal for the demolition of the existing building and construction of a new six (6) storey building and a reduction in the standard carparking requirement, at 2-4 Kingsway, Glen Waverley.
More specifically, the proposal seeks a ground floor shop and retail premises (café) with offices above. A basement car park is proposed with a total of 30 car spaces which is accessed via the laneway to the rear of the site. Five levels of offices are proposed with a total net lettable area of 1,663.2sqm in addition to a communal rooftop area.
Feedback was formally sought by Monday 9 March 2020.
The applicant, Wise Management Pty Ltd, is proposing a $10.3 million development that includes:
- Demolition and development of the land for the purpose of mixed-use commercial building
- 182.9m2 across two shop tenancies on the ground floor
- 1,622.8m2 of office floor space over 5 levels
- 30 car parking spaces contained within an automated basement parking service
- 9 on-site bicycle spaces, including two visitor spaces
- End-of-trip facilities located at each commercial office floor
- The building has an overall building height of 21.4m excluding lift overrun and services.
Here are documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Application Form (pdf, 4MB)
Certificate of Title (pdf, 690KB)
Town Planning Report (pdf, 9MB)
Development Plans (pdf, 6MB)
Landscape Plans (pdf, 6MB)
3D Images (pdf, 12MB)
Metropolitan Planning Levy Certificate (pdf, 977KB)
Materials Schedule (pdf, 9MB)
Shadow Diagrams (pdf, 10MB)
Site Context Plans (pdf, 7MB)
Sustainability Management Plan (pdf, 12MB)
Traffic Impact Assessment (pdf, 3MB)
Waste Management Plan (pdf, 153KB)