Update - Approved proposal
Council has approved a planning permit for the construction of a five storey residential building for the use of student accommodation at 30-32 Wellington Road, Clayton.
Council sought community feedback on the proposal and received two objections.
The proposal was approved subject to more than 20 conditions.
To find out more, please see the report Council considered prior to making its decision: Report to Council meeting on 30-32 Wellington Road, Clayton (pdf, 677KB)
Enquiries: Jeanny Lui, Principal Planner, on 9518 3494.
Council sought community feedback a proposed development of a five storey residential building for the use of student accommodation and alteration of access to a Road Zone Category 1, at 30-32 Wellington Road, Clayton.
Feedback was formally sought by Monday 30 November 2020.
The applicant, New Clayton Pty Ltd proposed a $11.49 million development which is detailed as follows:
- Development of the land for a five storey residential building with basement for student accommodation
- A total of 102 self-contained units providing 102 beds
- Outdoor communal open space is provided on ground level, additional communal area is provided on each level of the building
- A total of 25 car parking spaces is provided within the basement
- Vehicle access to the development will be from Wellington Road via the modified vehicle crossover.
Here are the documents that were submitted by the applicant:
Certificate of Title (pdf, 5MB)
Proposed Development, Elevation & Shadow Plans (pdf, 94MB)
Proposed Landscape Plan (pdf, 3MB)
Arboricultural Report (pdf, 6MB)
Daylight Report (pdf, 2MB)
Survey Plan (pdf, 2MB)
Town Planning Report (pdf, 4MB)
Traffic Report (pdf, 11MB)