Council is seeking community feedback on a proposal for the staged construction of eight mixed-use buildings, ranging in height from 3 storeys to 13 storeys, at 34-54 Clayton Road, Clayton. The uses on the land include office, residential hotel, food and drinks premises (café), restricted retail facility (gymnasium), retail / restricted retail premises and childcare centre.
Feedback is formally sought by Monday 3 May 2021. However, Council will continue to accept submissions on this proposal up until it makes a decision.
The applicant, I & K Investments Pty Ltd is proposing a $260 million development which is detailed as follows:
- Buildings are proposed to be set back a minimum of 20 metres from Clayton Road
- The development of the land is proposed to be staged as follows:
- Stage 1 – Building C (5 storeys) and Building H (3 storeys) in addition to traffic works to Clayton Road
- Stage 2 – Building E (13 storeys) and Building D (11 storeys)
- Stage 3 – Building G (6 storeys) and Building F (13 storeys)
- Stage 4 – Building A (8 Storeys) and Building B (6 storeys).
- Uses proposed on the land include office (totalling 65,249sqm), Childcare Centre (115 children), Residential Hotel (153 Rooms) and associated commercial uses including retail, food and drinks premises and restricted recreation / gymnasium (totalling 6,352.5sqm)
- A total of 2,250 car spaces are proposed on the site including basement and at grade car parking
- Vehicle access to the site is proposed to be consolidated from five access points to three with a new, centrally located, signalised intersection that is served by a proposed south bound left-in slip lane, and a new north bound right turn lane on Clayton Road. Egress from the site is via two left-in left-out access points and the signalised intersection.
We are holding two online information sessions for community members who are interested in finding out more.
Enquiries: Alexandra Wade, Principal Planner, on 9518 3068.
Here are the documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Certificate of Title (pdf, 395KB)
3D Images (pdf, 14MB)
Arborist Report (pdf, 10MB)
Biodiversity Report (pdf, 7MB)
Demolition Plan (pdf, 393KB)
Landscape Plan (pdf, 30MB)
Shadow Diagrams (pdf, 4MB)
Site and Floor Plans (pdf, 34MB)
Site Context and Design Rationale (pdf, 116MB)
Site Survey Plan (pdf, 8MB)
Staging Plan and Development Summary (pdf, 17MB)
Sustainability Management Plan (pdf, 6MB)
Town Planning Report (pdf, 19MB)
Traffic Report (pdf, 16MB)
Waste Management Plan (pdf, 7MB)
Community Information Sessions
As part of the consultation process, two online community information sessions will be held on:
- Monday 26 April 2021
- Wednesday 28 April 2021
- Online via Zoom (link will open in new tab)
- Zoom password: 55529151
Plans and application documents will be displayed at the information session and Council officers will be in attendance to answer any questions about the proposal and planning process.
How to provide feedback
Any person who may be affected by the proposal may lodge an objection or provide feedback to Council. Objections must be made in writing.
Objections should detail any concerns you have regarding the proposal, reasons for the objection, how you would be affected by the proposal and include your name, postal address and reference to TPA/51900.
Please provide feedback/objection in writing to Council by Monday 3 May 2021.
Please quote the Application Number TPA/51900.
Planning Objection Form (doc, 89KB)
Planning Objection Form (pdf, 355KB)