Council is seeking community feedback on a proposal for an eight storey apartment building with basement car parking at 35-41 Dalgety Street, Oakleigh.
Feedback is formally sought by Thursday 12 July 2018. However, Council will continue to accept submissions on this proposal up until it makes a decision.
The applicant, Gaffney Properties Pty Ltd, proposes a $28.6 million development that includes:
- A total of 96 dwellings comprising of:
- 8 x one bedroom apartments
- 60 x two bedroom apartments (in a mix of single and two storey arrangements)
- 28 x three bedroom apartments/dwellings (in a mix of single and double storey apartments and triple storey townhouses).
- Vehicle access to the site via a crossover on Dalgety Street
- 131 on-site car spaces (124 resident car spaces and 7 visitor car spaces) within two levels of basement car parking
- 40 bicycle spaces, including 10 visitor spaces located at the ground floor
- Primary pedestrian access via an entry lobby located on Dalgety Street. Secondary secure entrances to the development from Atkinson Street and Caloola Reserve
- Areas for services, bins and storage are provided within the basement levels and at ground level
- A ground floor communal space comprising an area of approximately 539m2
- An overall maximum building height of 23 metres (eight storeys)
- Proposed materials and finishes include: metal cladding of various colours, off white render, stone cladding, powdercoat aluminum.
The application also seeks a partial reduction in the residential visitor car parking requirement.
Enquiries: James Heitmann, Principal Planner, on 9518 3628.
Here are documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Application Form (pdf, 252KB)
Titles (pdf, 195KB)
Plans (pdf, 12MB)
Arboricultural Impact Assessment Report (pdf, 3MB)
Clause 58 Assessment (pdf, 4MB)
Sustainable Management Plan (pdf, 1MB)
Landscape Plan (pdf, 7MB)
Survey Plan (pdf, 332KB)
Town Planning and Urban Context Report (pdf, 7MB)
Architectural Statement (pdf, 12MB)
Waste Management Plan (pdf, 959KB)
Traffic Report (pdf, 3MB)
How to provide feedback
Any person who may be affected by the proposal may lodge an objection or provide feedback to Council. Objections must be made in writing.
Objections should detail any concerns you have regarding the proposal(s), reasons for the objection, how you would be affected by the proposal(s) and include your name, postal address and reference to TPA/48982.
Please provide feedback/objection in writing to Council by Thursday 12 July 2018.
Please quote the Application Number TPA/48982.
Planning Objection Form (doc, 89KB)
Planning Objection Form (pdf, 59KB)