Council is seeking community feedback on the proposed development of a 17 storey high mixed-use building to be used as retail, offices and apartments, at 409 Clayton Road, Clayton.
Feedback is formally sought by Monday 15 March 2021. However, Council will continue to accept submissions on this proposal up until it makes a decision.
The applicant, The Trustee for 409 Clayton Group Trust, is proposing a $67.5 million development which is detailed as follows:
- Development of the land for a 17 storey building with one level of basement.
- Ground level and level 1: A total of 1,479 square metres of retail premises.
- Levels 2 and 3: A total of 1,197 square metres of offices.
- Levels 4 to 17: A total of 152 residential apartments including 13 apartments for affordable/social housing.
- A total of 196 car parking spaces on site including:
- 153 spaces for apartments;
- 13 spaces for retail premises; and
- 30 spaces for offices.
- The proposal seeks to reduce the parking requirement by 43 car parking spaces (38 spaces for retail premises and 5 spaces for office).
- Vehicle access is via Centre Road.
- Maximum building height of 62.13 metres.
We are holding an online information session for community members who are interested in finding out more.
Enquiries: Jeanny Lui, Principal Planner, on 9518 3494.
Here are the documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Architectural Plans (pdf, 44MB)
Development Schedule (pdf, 91KB)
External Finishes Schedule (pdf, 460KB)
Town Planning Report (pdf, 5MB)
Transport Impact Assessment (pdf, 3MB)
Sustainable Management Plan (pdf, 3MB)
Waste Management Plan (pdf, 3MB)
Certificate of Title (pdf, 75KB)
Affordable Housing Report (pdf, 1MB)
Economic Analysis (pdf, 10MB)
Green Travel Plan (pdf, 2MB)
Letter of Support from Women's Housing Limited (pdf, 1MB)
Remediation Advice (pdf, 259KB)
Community Information Session
As part of the consultation process, an online community information session will be held on:
Plans and application documents will be displayed at the information session and Council officers will be in attendance to answer any questions about the proposal and planning process.
How to provide feedback
Any person who may be affected by the proposal may lodge an objection or provide feedback to Council. Objections must be made in writing.
Objections should detail any concerns you have regarding the proposal, reasons for the objection, how you would be affected by the proposal and include your name, postal address and reference to TPA/52295.
Please provide feedback/objection in writing to Council by Monday 15 March 2021.
Please quote the Application Number TPA/52295.
Planning Objection Form (doc, 89KB)
Planning Objection Form (pdf, 355KB)