Update - Approved proposal June 2020
Council has approved a proposal to extend the existing aged care facility at 61-63 High Street Road and 8 Harold Street, into 55-59 High Street Road and 10 Harold Street, Ashwood.
Council sought community feedback on the application and received 3 objections.
The development was approved subject to more than 30 conditions.
To find out more, please see the report Council considered prior to making its decision: Report to Council meeting on 55-63 High Street Road and 8-10 Harold Street, Ashwood (pdf, 658KB)
Enquiries: Alexandra Wade, Principal Planner (Major Projects), on 9518 3068.
Council sought community feedback on a proposal to extend the existing aged care facility at 61-63 High Street Road and 8 Harold Street, into 55-59 High Street Road and 10 Harold Street, Ashwood.
Feedback was formally sought by Thursday 9 April 2020.
The applicant, Newcare Pty Ltd, proposed a $19 million development that includes:
- 2-4 storey extension (varying due to the slope of the land) with a maximum height of 15.65 metres above natural ground level
- A total of 63 proposed new residential aged care rooms (resulting in a total of 130 aged care rooms across the whole building)
- An additional 42 car parking spaces (resulting in a total of 74 car spaces on the site). Existing access from High Street Road is proposed to be retained with a new basement access located within the site
- Removal of vegetation
- A new porte cochere to replace the existing facility main entrance
- 2 metre high fencing constructed of rendered walls with steel picket infill located along the frontages of the site
- Internal alterations to the existing building.
Here are documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Application Form (pdf, 1MB)
Covering Letter (pdf, 853KB)
Certificate of Title (pdf, 1MB)
Development Plans (pdf, 22MB)
Landscape Plan (pdf, 11MB)
Arborist Report (pdf, 13MB)
Metropolitan Planning Levy Certificate (pdf, 953KB)
Site Context Analysis (pdf, 17MB)
Sustainability Management Plan (pdf, 11MB)
Town Planning Report (pdf, 15MB)
Traffic Report (pdf, 4MB)
Waste Management Plan (pdf, 6MB)
3D Images (pdf, 5MB)