Application for a planning permit amendment
Council is seeking community feedback on an application to amend Planning Permit TPA/49751A pursuant to Section 72 of the Planning and Environmental Act 1987 at 554-558 High Street Road Mount Waverley.
The application sought to amend the plans as follows:
- Increase in apartment numbers from 79 to 88.
- Increase in car parking provision from 89 to 91.
- Increase in bicycle parking provision from 53 to 58.
- Reduce in food and drink premises floor area from 181sqm to 163sqm.
- Rearrangement of apartment layouts. Total number of 1 bedroom apartments increased from 18 to 33 and 2 bedroom apartments decreased from 61 to 55.
- Associated changes to building form and setbacks.
- Internal rearrangement of gym and concierge facilities.
Here are the documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Certificate of Title (pdf, 3MB)
Copy of Planning Permit (pdf, 4MB)
VCAT Decision Plans (pdf, 37MB)
List of Amendments (pdf, 2MB)
Proposed Amended Plans (pdf, 50MB)
Proposed Landscape Plans (pdf, 19MB)
Traffic Report (pdf, 10MB)
Sustainability Management Plan (pdf, 11MB)
Enquiries: Jeanny Lui, Principal Planner, on 9518 3494
How to provide feedback
Any person who may be affected by the proposal may lodge an objection or provide feedback to Council. Objections must be made in writing.
Objections should detail any concerns you have regarding the proposal, reasons for the objection, how you would be affected by the proposal and include your name, postal address and reference to TPA/49751A.
Please provide feedback/objection in writing to Council by 22 February 2021.
Please quote the Application Number TPA/49751A.
Planning Objection Form (doc, 89KB)
Planning Objection Form (pdf, 355KB)
VCAT approval 2019
Council is disappointed with the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal's (VCAT) decision to grant a planning permit for the construction of a six to seven storey building for the use of a retirement village at 554-558 High Street Road, Mount Waverley.
The applicant submitted amended plans for VCAT to consider as part of its decision making.
Changes on the amended plans included:
- The total number of apartments reduced from 83 to 79 including:
- reducing the number of two bedroom apartments from 64 to 61
- reducing the number of one bedroom apartments from 19 to 18
- Basement is setback 2 metres from the western boundary instead of building on the boundary, and the basement coverage reduced from 95% to 91%
- Reduction in the car parking provision from 94 to 89 car parking spaces (including one car park for each apartment)
- Modification to the internal layout of the proposal, architectural detailing, car parking provision/allocation.
Council maintained its position of not supporting the proposed development throughout the VCAT process.
The permit conditions required by VCAT include the top two levels (levels 4&5) to be further setback 6 metres to the western boundary.
You can view VCAT's decision and conditions here: VCAT decision on 554-558 High Street Road, Mount Waverley (docx, 75KB)
Enquiries: Jeanny Lui, Principal Planner, on 9518 3494.
VCAT appeal and amended plans
The applicant lodged a Failure to Determine appeal with VCAT. The matter was heard at a 4 day merits hearing commencing Monday 22 July 2019.
The applicant lodged amended plans with VCAT as part of their appeal. Please see the plans below:
Notice of Amendment (pdf, 128KB)
Statement of Changes (pdf, 130KB)
Amended Plans lodged with VCAT (pdf, 36MB)
Council sought community feedback on a proposal for a six to seven storey retirement village at 554-558 High Street Road (Mount Waverley).
This is the second application Council has received from this developer for this site.
The applicant, Pace Development Group Pty Ltd, proposed a $25 million development that included:
- 83 retirement village units/apartments (19 x 1 bedroom & 64 x 2 bedroom)
- Ground level food and drink premises (cafe)
- 93 onsite car spaces located within basement car park areas
- Basement access via new vehicle crossover on High Street Road
- Retirement village amenities including pool, gym, yoga room, library, games room and communal open space areas. These amenities will be for the use of residents only and will not be open to the public
- Overall building height of up to seven stories.
Here are documents that were submitted by the applicant:
Application Form (pdf, 2MB)
Title (pdf, 4MB)
Plans Part 1 (pdf, 13MB)
Plans Part 2 (pdf, 15MB)
Plans Part 3 (pdf, 11MB)
Planning Report (pdf, 12MB)
Clause 58 Assessment (pdf, 295KB)
Landscape Plan (pdf, 3MB)
Market Analysis (pdf, 7MB)
Sustainability Management Plan (pdf, 5MB)
Traffic Report (pdf, 8MB)
Waste Management Plan (pdf, 239KB)