Council is seeking community feedback on a proposal for an integrated retirement village and aged care facility development (3-5 storeys in height), including use of part of the land for a medical centre, at 62-94 Jacksons Road, Mulgrave.
Feedback was formally sought by Tuesday 27 June 2017. However, Council will continue to accept submissions on this proposal up until it makes a decision.
The applicant, Villa Maria Catholic Homes Ltd, proposes a $111.49 million staged development that includes:
- 179 independent living apartments (retirement village)
- 108 aged care beds (aged care) and 72 assisted living apartments (aged care)
- A medical centre with up to 38 medical specialists
- Ancillary uses such as an exercise pool, gymnasium, restaurant/café, and a chapel
- A total of 591 on site car spaces provided on site (basement and at grade parking)
- Vehicle access is proposed from the existing entrance to the site from Jacksons Road
- Removal of native vegetation
Enquiries: Sue Monagle, Principal Planner, on 9518 3068.
Here are documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Application for a Planning Permit (pdf, 197KB)
Planning Submission (pdf, 1MB)
Landscape Concept Plan (pdf, 2MB)
Development Plan (1) - Cover sheet, Survey Existing Conditions, Neighbourhood Context, Site Analysis (pdf, 8MB)
Development Plan (2) - Streetscape Analysis (pdf, 21MB)
Development Plan (3) - Staging Plan, Urban Design Concept, Design Response (pdf, 5MB)
Development Plan (4) - Streetscape Design Response, Perspectives, Elevations (pdf, 26MB)
Development Plan (5) - Site Sections, Floor Plans, Shadow Diagram, Boundary Conditions (pdf, 7MB)
Development Plan (6) - Stage 1 (pdf, 9MB)
Development Plan (7) - Stage 2 (pdf, 8MB)
Development Plan (8) - Stage 3 (pdf, 8MB)
Development Plan (9) - Stage 4 (pdf, 7MB)
Development Plan (10) - Village Perspective Studies (pdf, 2MB)
Biodiversity Assessment (pdf, 2MB)
Biodiversity Impact and Offset Requirements Report (pdf, 952KB)
Environmentally Sustainable Design (ESD) Principles and Measures (pdf, 5MB)
Stormwater Management (pdf, 2MB)
Traffic and Transport Assessment (pdf, 3MB)
Tree Assessment (docx, 31KB)
Tree Inventory (pdf, 2MB)
Tree Maps (4) (pdf, 17MB)
Waste Management Plan (pdf, 2MB)
Certificate of Title (pdf, 12KB)
Certificate of Title - Plan of Subdivision (pdf, 172KB)
How to provide feedback
Any person who may be affected by the proposal may lodge an objection or provide feedback to Council.
Here is information on how you can provide an objection or other submission.
To make an objection, please forward the completed form to Monash Council by:
- Mail - PO Box 1, Glen Waverley 3150
- Fax - 9518 3444
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Person - Civic Centre, 293 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley 8.15am - 5pm, Monday to Friday (closed public holidays)
Please quote the Application Number: TPA/47359.
Planning Objection Form (pdf, 59KB)
Planning Objection Form (doc, 89KB)