Council is seeking community feedback on a proposal for the construction and use of a residential building for student accommodation; and, use of premises for a convenience shop at 71-73 Beddoe Avenue, Clayton. The proposal includes demolition of the existing buildings on site.
Feedback is formally sought by Thursday 16 May 2019. However Council will continue to accept submissions on this proposal up until it makes a decision.
The applicant, Southlink Beddoe Pty Ltd, proposes a $9.5 million development that includes:
- Development of the land for a four storey, mixed-use building comprising a convenience shop on ground level and 86 residential apartment for student accommodation above
- The convenience shop will be fronting Beddoe Avenue
- A total of 86 residential student accommodation units providing 90 beds consisting 55 self-contained student units; 23 one (1) bedroom units; 4 two (2) bedroom units; and 4 one (1) bedroom plus study units
- A total of 23 car parking spaces is provided within the basement, including 22 car spaces for the student accommodation units and one car space for the convenience shop
- The proposal seeks a reduction of five car parking spaces for the student accommodation units
- Vehicle access to the new development will be from Beddoe Avenue.
Enquiries: Jeanny Lui, Principal Planner, on 9518 3494.
Here are documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Title (pdf, 6MB)
Application Form (pdf, 2MB)
Plans and Elevations (pdf, 5MB)
Shadow Plan (pdf, 1MB)
Planning Report (pdf, 22MB)
Arboricultural Report (pdf, 5MB)
Landscape Plan (pdf, 2MB)
Landscape Screen Dump (pdf, 733KB)
Sustainability Management Plan (pdf, 3MB)
Traffic Report (pdf, 1MB)
How to provide feedback
Persons wishing to lodge an objection to the new application will need to lodge a separate objection to the current application TPA/49980.
Any person who may be affected by the proposal may lodge an objection or provide feedback to Council. Objections must be made in writing.
Objections should detail any concerns you have regarding the proposal, reasons for the objection, how you would be affected by the proposal and include your name, postal address and reference to TPA/49980.
Please provide feedback/objection in writing to Council by Thursday 16 May 2019.
Please quote the Application Number TPA/49980.
Planning Objection Form (doc, 87KB)
Planning Objection Form (pdf, 110KB)