Council is seeking community feedback on a proposal for the construction of 10 buildings, ranging in height from 1 to 4 storeys, at 8-20 King Street, Oakleigh. The uses on the land include warehouse, commercial display area, office, caretaker’s dwelling and food and drinks premises.
Feedback is formally sought by Monday 9 August 2021. However, Council will continue to accept submissions on this proposal up until it makes a decision.
The applicant, Heine Brothers Pty Ltd, is proposing a $38 million development which is detailed as follows:
- Buildings fronting King Street are setback 0.3 to 2 metres; buildings fronting Edward Street are setback a minimum of 5 metres from the street boundary
- Proposed 10 buildings:
- Buildings A & B (fronting King Street): 3 storeys - comprising commercial display area, office and/or a caretaker’s dwelling
- Buildings C & D: 3 storeys - comprising commercial display area and office
- Buildings E & F: 2 storeys - comprising commercial display area, warehouse and office
- Buildings G & I (fronting Edward Street): 4 storeys - comprising office & terrace
- Building H (fronting Edward Street): single storey - comprising a food and drink premises (café)
- Building J (fronting John Street): 3 storeys - comprising a food and drink premises (café) & office
- The proposed development requires to provide a total of 492 car parking spaces and 412 spaces are provided on site. The proposal seeks a reduction of 80 car parking spaces. Car parking is proposed on the site within a basement car park and at grade car parking
- Vehicle access to the at-grade car parking spaces are proposed via King Street; and access to the basement car parking is via Edward Street.
Enquiries: Jeanny Lui, Principal Planner, on 9518 3494.
Here are the documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Architectural Plans (pdf, 17MB)
Landscape Plans (pdf, 9MB)
Certificate of Title (pdf, 2MB)
Town Planning Report (pdf, 4MB)
Traffic Impact Assessment (pdf, 13MB)
Waste Management Plan (pdf, 4MB)
Bess Report (pdf, 5MB)
Sustainable Management Plan (pdf, 15MB)
How to provide feedback
Any person who may be affected by the proposal may lodge an objection or provide feedback to Council. Objections must be made in writing.
Objections should detail any concerns you have regarding the proposal, reasons for the objection, how you would be affected by the proposal and include your name, postal address and reference to TPA/52498.
Please provide feedback/objection in writing to Council by Monday 9 August 2021.
Please quote the Application Number TPA/ 52498.
Planning Objection Form (doc, 89KB)
Planning Objection Form (pdf, 355KB)