A new playspace has opened at Fiander Avenue Reserve.
Here is the final concept plan for the playspace:
Concept plan for Fiander Avenue playspace (pdf, 565KB)
To come up with the concept plan, Council asked for the community's ideas. These suggestions were included in the final design.
The key play elements are:
- A rubber slide
- Rope climb
- In-ground trampoline
- Teepee cubby
- Timber steppers and rock scramble, centred around a mound
- A climbing frame with monkey bars
- A re-conditioned double swing.
We made a minor change and some additions to what was proposed, following further community feedback and consideration by Council staff. These changes are:
- We swapped the locations of the climbing frame and the double swing
- Inclusion of an in-ground trampoline with rubber path
- Inclusion of interactive play panels, as well as a teepee cubby play area to increase play opportunities for younger children.
We hope you enjoy these improvements to your local park.
For more information, please contact Council:
Earlier in 2016, Council sought ideas and feedback from the community for a new playspace in Fiander Avenue, Glen Waverley. We want to make this a fun and engaging place.
Some of the community ideas were incorporated into a draft concept plan. Local residents were invited to provide feedback by 30 November 2016.