Earlier in 2016, Council sought ideas and feedback from the community for an upgraded playspace in Galbally Reserve, Hughesdale.
The Level Crossing Removal Authority, with Council’s permission, is currently using part of the reserve as part of the elevated rail works. Once these works are completed, LXRA has committed to reinstate the barbecue, replace trees and restore the surface of the park and will contribute $150,000 to Council’s redevelopment plans for the area.
The design concept we have put together incorporates many of the community's ideas from preliminary consultation held in 2016, which we are now seeking feedback on until Friday 13 July 2018. We want to make this a fun and engaging place for local children to enjoy.
Draft concept plan for Galbally Reserve playspace (pdf, 2MB)
The proposed key play elements include:
- Combination Unit with senior and junior slide
- Triple swing set with basket swing, infant seat and strap seat
- Cyclone Net Carousel
- Multi age fitness play equipment
- Basketball court with foursquare markings
- Junior and toddler play train
- Mini forest
- Play traffic learning sign.
Other proposed elements of the project include:
- Installation of bike storage racks
- Installation of bench seating, new picnic shelter and BBQ
- Installation of bins
- Planting more trees and other vegetation.
We welcome your feedback on what is proposed by Friday 13 July 2018:
Thank you in advance to those who provide feedback – it will help ensure that we deliver a project that is valued by the local community.