A new playspace opened in Mayfield Park (Mount Waverley) in early February 2017.
Before creating the new playspace, Council sought ideas and suggestions from the local community. The new playspace includes:
- A half basketball court
- A swing set
- A climbing combination unit with slide
- Natural landscaping elements including a nature play area.
We will also add:
- A park bench with back and arm rests
- Sawn log seating and landscaping rocks
- Parking for people of all abilities, with a connecting pathway to the playspace.
The new playspace is on the western corner of the sports ground, which is a more convenient location for many park users than the location of the old playspace.
The old playspace is reaching the end of its safe, useful life, which is why a new playspace was built. Now that the new playspace is open, the old playspace will be removed from the reserve.
Enquiries: Chris McEwan, Recreation Programs Officer, on 9518 3527 or at firstname.lastname@example.org