A new playspace has opened in Netherby Avenue (Wheelers Hill).
Here is the final concept plan for the playspace:
Concept plan for Netherby Avenue playspace (pdf, 750KB)
To come up with the concept plan, Council first asked for the community's ideas. Community suggestions were included in the final design.
The key play elements are:
- Playfort with wobble bridge, slide and fire pole
- A slide, playfort, rock scrabble and rubber steps, centred around a mound
- Climbing frame with monkey bars
- Cubby sculpture
- Basket swing
- Reconditioned double swing
- G-pod spinner
- Rock and log balance steppers.
Other elements of the project include:
- Installation of a bench seat and picnic table
- Planting more trees and other vegetation
- Improvements to existing pathways associated with the playspace.
We hope you enjoy these improvements to your local neighbourhood.
Thank you to those community members who have given their ideas - together we can create a wonderful playspace.
Earlier in 2016, Council sought ideas and feedback from the community for an upgraded playspace in Netherby Avenue, Wheelers Hill. We want to make this a fun and engaging place.
Some of the community ideas were incorporated into a draft concept plan. Local residents were invited to provide feedback by 30 November 2016.