Thank you to local residents who provided ideas and feedback to help Council create an exciting sensory playspace in Wellesley Road Reserve, Glen Waverley.
Works to upgrade the playspace are expected to begin in late September 2019, with an anticipated completion in late November/early December 2019.
Site fencing will be placed around the works area, meaning access to the reserve will be closed to the public throughout the duration of the works. We apologise for this inconvenience, but look forward to opening up a new and improved facility as soon as possible.
Concept plan for Wellesley Road playspace (pdf, 5MB)
Please note: the above design is a concept only. Whilst we believe that the construction of this playspace will be largely consistent with what is shown, this design is indicative rather than a precise specification.
Play features for this local sensory playspace will include:
- Sensory garden trail and planting of new flowering trees, shrubs and groundcovers
- Sound sculptures and funny mirror
- Squeeze gate
- Seated spinner
- Existing play pieces to remain.
Other elements of the project will include:
- Picnic table and bench seating
- Removal of a small tee tree and one sick black wattle tree (both to be replaced with more appropriate tree species)
- Open grassed area at southern end of the park to remain
- Drinking fountain.
We hope you will enjoy this improvement to your local neighbourhood. If you have any questions about these works, please contact Council:
In 2017, Council sought ideas and feedback from the local community for an upgraded playspace in the reserve at Wellesley Road, Glen Waverley. We incorporated some of the community’s ideas into an exciting draft concept plan which we sought feedback on until Friday 15 December 2017.