A new playspace has opened near the Waverley Women's Sports Centre in Jells Park, Wheelers Hill.
Council began creating the playspace in 2015 after seeking ideas and feedback from the community. The playspace opened in April 2016.
Thank you to those who provided feedback – it has helped Council deliver a project that is valued by the local community.
Some community ideas were incorporated into the Waverley Women's playspace - Draft Concept Plan. (pdf, 599KB)
The proposed key play elements to be installed are:
- Reconditioned double swing with junior and senior seats
- Single flying fox
- Play Fort
- Sand play
- Climbing cube
- Play table
- Natural landscaping elements including horizontal logs, log steppers and mud stone play rocks.
Other elements of the project will include:
- Installing a picnic table and bench for social seating
- Providing a rubberised softball area
- Planting more trees and other low level vegetation
- Improvements to existing pathways associated within the playspace and installing an accessible pathway from Jells Road and to the netball courts.
For more information, please call Chris McEwan, Recreation Programs Officer, on 9518 3527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.