Filming Permit

If you want to film on a street in Monash, you need to apply for a filming permit.

There are two types of filming permits:

The application also requires the following information:

  • The size and number of vehicles needed to be parked at the location
  • Parking restrictions
  • All street, park and local activity must be taken into consideration, for example, garbage collection, business and sports
  • Residents within the affected area must be given a minimum of 48 hours' notice
  • A copy of your $20,000,000 (minimum) Public Liability Policy, including Council’s interest noted, must be submitted with your application

If the application is approved, a permit for a maximum period will be issued. This may vary depending on the location.

A minimum of two weeks’ notice must be given to Council before filming starts.

You may also need:

  • An Occupy Roadway Permit if you need to occupy part of any kind of a road, laneway, footpath, nature strip, car park, or road reserve for filming purposes. Please refer to Council's Hoarding/Occupy Roadway Permit. You may need to allow extra time for your application to be reviewed.
  • To provide Council with a traffic management plan, depending on the size and place of the area you want to film in 

Submitting your application 

If you need an Occupy Roadway Permit, this needs to be approved before you can submit your permit application form.  

Forms can be submitted: 

  • In person (cash/cheque/credit) - Council Offices at 293 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley or Oakleigh Service Centre at 3 Atherton Road, Oakleigh
  • Mail - forward cheque, money order, credit card payment form to City of Monash, Community Laws PO Box 1, Glen Waverley VIC 3150
  • Email - forward form to (do not email credit card details)
  • Phone - 9518 3555 and pay with your credit card

For more information or enquiries, please phone Customer Service on 9518 3555.

Subscribe to page updates

Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.

Help us to improve

Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.

Last updated: 10 August 2021