Update: This issue has been resolved and the area is now open again.
A gas leak has been reported in Valley Street/Paula Court in Oakleigh.
Valley Street has been closed and the Metropolitan Fire Brigade is investigating.
You may notice the smell of gas.
See below re Health contacts if the smell is affecting you. Power and gas services have been impacted.
What you should do:
- Bring your pets inside.
- If you are located within the warning area, you should immediately move inside your home or the nearest building. People who shelter indoors are much safer than those people who remain outside.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Turn off heating and cooling systems.
- Close all vents and fireplace flues.
We will provide further information as it becomes available.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms that may be due to exposure, seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
- If your life or property is threatened call Triple Zero (000).
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
The following services can help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in other languages call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.
For website or app support, please visit: