Halloween is popular event in the social calendar and an opportunity to be outdoors and celebrate with neighbours on the streets.
Most of 2020 has been altered by COVID-19, and the spookiest night of the year is no different.
Whilst Halloween might look a little different this year, we have brainstormed some safe and creative ways to celebrate within your neighbourhood:
- Dress up and meet your neighbours online for a costume parade
- Host an online competition to create the spookiest looking food – check out Pinterest for ideas!
- Decorate your driveway or footpath with spooky chalk drawings
- Decorate the front of your house with Halloween decorations
- Create a scavenger hunt or play Halloween bingo within your neighbourhood
- Create spooky spoon characters to add to your local ‘Spoonville’
- Have a zoom spooky story telling session (borrow Halloween themed books from Monash Public Library Service)
To ensure a safe Halloween for everyone, remember to follow the current restrictions and health advice from the Victorian Government and:
- practise good hygiene and regularly and thoroughly wash your hands
- maintain physical distancing; keep at least 1.5 metres away from others
- wear a face mask when leaving your home.
If you would like to organise a COVID-safe Halloween activity for your street, contact email@example.com to find out how Council’s Meet Your Street project can support your activity.